If you have two or more than two Google account and want to know which once is your default account, this guide is for you.
Using multiple accounts is not an easy task as it creates many problems if you don’t properly manage them. It will be hard for you to know which one is your default Google account, and if it is not what you want, then how can you change it to make it your default Google account. Well, Google is a tech giant, and as it has a solution for every other thing, it has a solution for this too. So, let’s talk and know how to change the default Google account.
How to Change Default Google Account?
If you have multiple Google accounts, you know they create a mess. But not anymore, as Google’s new feature lets you view the content of your Google account while you are signed in to one of your accounts. You should know that you can’t use some of Google features to multiple accounts at a time. For example, Google Drive can’t be used to more than one account at a time.
So, how google makes your account as default? Well, it is simple; Google picks the very first account that you use to sign in with and make it your default account. When using two or more Google accounts, you can see your default account at the top-right of the window.
You should know that it is not granted that your default Google account will be the one that you used to sign in with for the first time. It is somehow true but only for computers. If you are using mobile devices to and use multiple Google account, Google will make the default account depending on the operating system of your mobile device.
Setting a Default Google Account
Below is how you can set your default Google account;
- Open the Google sign-in page from any web browser.
- If you have multiple login accounts, sign out all of them by simply clicking on your account profile picture and then tapping the Sign Out option.
- Now again, open a new tab and type www.gmail.com and press the Enter key.
- Now, sign in with the account that you want to make your default Google account. Remember that on Windows operating systems, Google will pick the very first account that you sign in with as your default account.
- Now that you are signed in to your default Google account, you can now sign in to multiple Google accounts.
- For signing in to a new account, simply tap on the profile image of your Google account and then tap on the Add account option.
- Enter your account login credentials to log in to it.
Tips to Manage Multiple Google Accounts
Managing your multiple Google accounts with new features of Google is easy. Below we have listed some handy tips that will help you to manage your multiple Google accounts comfortably.
- You should use different profile pictures for each of your Google accounts.
- If you don’t want to use your default Google account to access another site, turn on the incognito mode and sign in to another account.
- To quickly switch between two or more Google accounts, you should sign in each of your accounts as per your preferences. For example, if you use your account more often, you should keep it in second place by signing in to it after your default Google account.
- Turn on the sharing privileges between the accounts you want to share files and folders. By doing this, you can use sharing between both of these without opening two accounts with sharing permissions.
- You can log in with up to three accounts using Google Backup and Sync option. Pick the accounts that you use more often, and change the Google Drive’s folder for each of these accounts to avoid conflicts.
- Session Box is a Google Chrome extension that allows you to log in to websites using different accounts. You should have it to log in to sites using the account you want.
- The last tip is Chrome is the best browser that you can have for multiple Google accounts. It allows you to make different profiles that you can use for your multiple Google accounts.
Worry no more when using multiple Google accounts and managing them efficiently without creating a mess. We sincerely hope that our guide will help you, and you will be able to make your default Google account by yourself, as well as manage other accounts with ease. If you want to ask anything about default Google accounts, write us a comment below.
- Top Best Tumblr Alternatives That You Should Check
- Top 5 Best TeamViewer Alternatives
- Top 10 Best Skyrim Mods
Q: Can I use different profile photos for different Google accounts?
Ans: Yes, you can, and you should use different profile pictures for each of your Google accounts to manage them efficiently.
Q: Can I change the default Google account?
Ans: Yes, you can change your default Google account by following our guide mentioned-above.