There are plenty of chat apps available for both iOS and Android devices. All of these apps have their own strengths, weaknesses, and unique features. With social media giants like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. people are still looking for other chat apps.
Regardless of why you are looking for anonymous chat apps, there are plenty of them that you can use to make new friends all around the world. These apps are free to have, and you don’t need to pay anything. We have tested various anonymous chat apps and made a bucket of best out of them. Below are our tested anonymous chat apps that you should try once. Let’s take a look out of them.
Best Anonymous Chat Apps
Omegle – Anonymous Chat Apps
Omegle is one of the most popular and best anonymous chat app available in the market. The app was launched a decade ago and established itself as the best place to anonymously chat and meet new people from all over the world. The app offers a simple to use interface with secure chatting options, which you can use to chat with random people anonymously.
Moreover, the app allows you to add your hobbies and then shake your device, and it will connect you with random people with the same interests as yours. Furthermore, If you want to use video chat, the app also allows you to do that.
- Free anonymous chat.
- Make friends from all over the world.
- Meet with people having the same interests as yours by shaking our device.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Instantly start chatting with random people.
- Video chat option to make video calls.
Chatous – Anonymous Chat Apps
Though Chatous is considerably a new anonymous chat app but makes it to our best anonymous chat apps list because of its unique features, the app can be installed on both iOS and Android devices. It allows you to chat anonymously with random people from any corner of the world. One of its many unique features is that it will enable you to select specific topics and then search for people and chat with them on those topics you have selected.
Moreover, if you feel comfortable, it also allows you to share voice notes, images, videos, and more. The app is best for people who fed up with Messenger and WhatsApp and looking for something new to experience.
Platforms: Android and iOS
- Chat with strangers and make friends from all over the world.
- Use hashtags to chat on specific topics with like-minded people.
- Share photos, videos, audios, and text messages.
- Share your favorite moments with others.
Yik Yak – Anonymous Chat Apps
Yik Yak is another popular and best anonymous chat app where you can make new friends by chatting with strangers from all across the world. Here, you will find people who share your interests. Moreover, if you like chatting with someone, you can go to a private channel to continue your conversation. These private channels allow you to chat with people you love to conversate with.
The app has a pretty simple user interface making it more convenient for users to find new people and chat anonymously. The app is used by millions of users worldwide, which increases the chances of finding some good friends.
- Share your thoughts without being identified.
- Use peek to find out what people are discussing.
- Vote for your favorite Yaks and downvote those you don’t like.
- Find people with similar interests.
- Make new friends from all over the world.
- Share photos, videos, audio, etc.
PSST – Anonymous Chat Apps
PSST is yet another amazing and best anonymous chat app, which allows Android users to find people from all around the world and chat with them anonymously. You can connect the app with your Facebook account, which means you will be able to chat with your Facebook friends, like and comment on their posts anonymously.
Moreover, the app also allows you to block those users you don’t like. The app keeps you completely anonymous and doesn’t store your personal information. The app is best for users who are annoyed by their relatives and eavesdrop on your conversations. You can use the app as a liberal platform where you can express your thought without being judged.
- Find and chat with like-minded people anonymously.
- Share news, thoughts, confessions, secrets, daily life experiences, and more freely, confidently, and anonymously.
- Private message, comment, and vote without revealing your identity.
- Follow your favorite post secretly and get notified when they post something new.
- Share your favorite posts with other social media accounts.
- The app doesn’t store your message history, personal information, etc.
Nimbuzz – Anonymous Chat Apps
Nimbuzz is another popular anonymous chat app and has been around for quite a long time. The app acts like an instant messenger offering various other features linked to your other social media accounts. The app not only lets you chat with strangers but also allows you to converse with people you already know.
If you don’t want to reveal your identity, you can chat anonymously with people all over the world. The app somehow works similar to Omegle. Moreover, the app also allows you to connect with people sharing the same interests as yours. If you want to chat using video calls, you can do it as well within the app.
Platforms: Android, iOS, Blackberry
- XMPP based instant text, images, and share location.
- Features group chat.
- Nimbuzz our for cellular and landline calls.
- Chat anonymously and make new friends.
Regardless of mainstream chatting platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, etc. people still want to experience something different, where they can share their thoughts, secrets, confessions, etc. without being judged and without revealing their identity. Above are best anonymous chat apps that you should try to make new friends and chat with strangers anonymously.
Q: What is the best anonymous chat app?
Ans: Some best and easy to use anonymous chat apps include Omegle, Chatous, Yik Yak, etc.