Android is the most dominating operating system in the market right now and rightly so. Not only because it has the cheapest devices, but also because it offers a whole lot of customization options to its users. Some of its features, like rooting, are extremely popular among users.
However, there are some less-known topics that the majority of users don’t know or never tried. One such thing is casting Android screen to PC using Wifi. It is not a thing that you need to do more often, but there will be circumstances where you will be required to cast Android screen to PC.
There are various reasons why you need to do that, such as maybe you want to record your Android screen, watching movies or videos on your PC, play games on a bigger screen, or you might need to do that because you are giving a presentation of a document or an app from your Android device.
Regardless of whatever the reason is, it is not that hard to cast Android screen to PC using Wifi. Moreover, it also doesn’t matter whether or not you have had a rooted or non-rooted device. If you are looking for a guide on how to cast Android screen to PC using Wifi, here are some ways that you can use to do that.
3 Ways to Cast Android screen to PC using Wifi
1- Connect App (Wifi Required) – Cast Android Screen to PC
If you have a Windows 10 PC and it is updated to Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you should know it has an in-built way that allows you to cast Android screen to PC. Here is what you will need and how it works;
- You should have a PC that is updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- You are also required to have an Android device that is compatible with Miracast.
So, now if you are meeting the above-stated requirements, you can cast Android screen to PC using Wifi. Here are the steps to do that;
- From your Pc, type SEARCH in the search bar.
- Launch the Connect app from the results.
- Now, from your Android phone, navigate to the notification centre and select the CAST option.
- The majority of Android devices has the CAST option in SETTINGS > DISPLAY > CAST.
- Tap on the THREE DOTS and then tap on the ENABLE WIRELESS DISPLAY option.
- It will open all the devices that are available, and you can use to cast Android screen to PC.
- Tap on your PC from the list, and that’s all.
2- LetsView (Wifi Required) – Cast Android Screen to PC
LetsVies is another app that you can use to cast Android screen to PC while connected to a Wifi network. If you are trying to connect to an internet connection to connect to the app, you will not be able to do that since it only works over Wifi connections.
It is capable of detecting the server that is running on your PC. You just need to allow the connection from your Android device, and you are all set to go. The advantage of the LetsView is that it has almost zero-latency, which means you can enjoy your phone content on your PC without any trouble. Moreover, it is also capable of working on iOS devices.
The bottom line is if you want to cast Android screen, you should look no further than LetsView. It is a one-tap solution to cast Android screen to a PC using Wifi.
3- Airdroid (Wifi / Mobile Data Required) – Cast Android Screen to PC
Another simple and best way to cast Android screen to a PC is using Airdroid. Unlike the majority of other free apps that requires you to view ads or those who ask you to pay, Airdroid changes all of them. So, let’s talk about how you can cast Android screen to PC using Wifi on Airdroid. Here is how it works;
- The screencasting feature can be found in the user interface. You need to download the Airdorid app on your phone. You can easily find it on the Google Play Store.
- Now, once it installed, launch it.
- You have the option to create an account on skip the step.
- It will assign you an IP address.
- Make sure your PC is connected to an internet or Wifi network. Now, type that IP address in your PC’s browser and press Enter.
- Now, it will display the Airdroid web user interface.
- Click on the SCREENSHOT ICON, and that is it.
- Now you are all set to cast Android screen on PC using Wifi.
So that is all about how to cast Android screen to PC using Wifi. These are some simple ways that you can use to do that. You don’t need to pay anything to cast Android screen on PC since all of them are free. For any queries, do not hesitate to write us a comment below.
Q: Can I cast iOS phone screen to PC?
Ans: Yes, you can easily cast your iPhone screen to PC using the LetsView app.