Instagram is one of the tops and most popular social media giants where users share pictures and videos. The app works really well for most of the time, but recently we have come across an error while refreshing the feed saying Couldn’t Refresh Feed. There could be several reasons why this error appears. If you are among those Instagrammers who are also getting this error and couldn’t refresh the feed, it is highly recommended to read on this guide till the end.
After seeing the online community platforms of Instagram filled with Instagram couldn’t refresh feed from multiple users and figuring out there is no solid solution in comments, we decided to create a list of different ways that you can use to fix the error. So, without any further delay, let’s get started!
Possible Reason for Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed Error
As mentioned above, there can be several reasons why Instagram couldn’t refresh the feed. You should know the causes that are creating the error before fixing it. Below are some possible common causes that can cause Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error.
- Your device is not connected to an internet connection, or your internet connection is running very slow.
- You didn’t update Instagram to its latest version and using an older version.
- Other technical reasons, such as you are using a VPN, DNS problem, or application failure.
Different Ways to Fix Instagram Couldn’t Refresh Feed
So, here are the different ways of how you can fix Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error;
1- Restart your Device
If you are unable to refresh your Instagram feed and getting Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error, the very first step that you should take is to restart your device on which you are using Instagram. Sometimes, after trying all other options, this simple trick fixes the problem. If you are still getting the error after restarting your device, you can try below techniques to fix Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error.
2- Internet Connectivity
If you are getting, Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error while trying to refresh your Instagram feed, the most common reason that can cause this error is poor internet connection speed. Hence, before doing anything else, you should check your internet connectivity. If your phone is connected to the internet, but you are still getting the error, then check your internet speed.
To do this, you just require to open any browser from your device and load any web page to see whether it is loading at a normal speed or taking a longer time than usual. If it takes time, it means you are getting fragile wifi signals, or your LAN internet connection is running slow. You might use Instagram later when your network connection is stable, and you are getting strong wifi signals.
Instagram’s official customer help center also gives two explanations regarding Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error.
Their first explanation says, if you are getting this error at the end of each month, it is more like possible that the feed couldn’t refresh error is occurred by your phone carrier limiting your mobile data after a pre-determined data usage in a month. In this case, it is suggested to reach out to your mobile carrier.
Their second explanation says it is more likely possible to get Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error because of the overloaded mobile network connections.
3- Update the Instagram App on your Device
Another common reason that can cause Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error is that you are using the outdated version of the app on your device. In that case, you should update the app to its latest version available on the Store. Updating the Instagram app to its latest available version is a simple process, and below is how you can do it;
- Open the App Store if you are using Instagram on your iPhone or Google Play Store if you are using it on an Android phone.
- Type Instagram in the search bar and tap the magnifying glass icon.
- Tap on Instagram from the search list.
- If the update of the app is available, you will see an option of Update.
- Tap on that option, and it will update your Instagram app.
After your Instagram app is updated to its latest version, we hope that you will no longer face Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error. If the error still continues, try other methods that are given below;
4- Logout and Login Again to your Instagram Account
Another most accessible way to try to fix Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error is to logout from your Instagram account and then login in again to it. This process doesn’t take much time and can fix any glitches that are causing the error. Below is how you can do it;
Log out of Instagram
- Open the app from your device.
- Navigate to your Instagram Profile menu.
- Tap the Settings option.
- Tap on the Log Out option located at the bottom of the page.
- If you want to save your Instagram account login information, tap on the Remember option, or else tap on the Not Now option.
- Now tap on the Log Out option.
Sign In to your Instagram Account
- Launch the Instagram app from your device.
- Type your Instagram account email address or Username in the first given box.
- Now type your Instagram account password in the second given box.
- Now, Click on the Login option.
- Check whether Instagram couldn’t refresh the feed error is solved.
5- Delete Double Hashtags Comments and Posts
Some users also complained that their Instagram couldn’t refresh the feed and failed to upload photos because of some unwanted symbols and posts, such as double hashtags added by other Instagram users in the comments. These symbols and posts conflict with the app operations and cause the error. If this is the case, you need to delete all those unwanted comments and posts in your comment section by logging in to your Instagram account from a browser. To do this, here is the guide;
- Open a web browser and tap on the three dots located at the top-right menu of the browser.
- Go to More Tools option and select Developer Tools.
- Tap on the Instagram you like to delete.
- Tap on the Delete option.
After that, we hope you will fix Instagram couldn’t refresh the feed error. If the issue still occurs, you should contact the Instagram help center regarding the issue.
Nowadays, social media platforms dominating the internet all across the globe. People use social media giants like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. to connect with other people and upload and share photos and videos. These social media giants just require an internet connection in order to use them and work well for most of the time. If you are an Instagrammer and getting Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error while trying to refresh the feed, you can try the above methods to fix the error.
If this post help you fix the error, write us a comment below. Your queries and suggestions are welcome.
- How To Fix Hyperx Mic Not Working
- How To Fix Pokemon Go GPS Signal Not Found
- Discord Top Secret Control Panel Complete Guide
- How To Fix Hulu Error Code 301
Q: How can I fix Instagram couldn’t refresh feed error?
Ans: Try restarting your device you are using or login to your Instagram account. If it doesn’t help, try other methods that we have mentioned earlier.
Q: How to reset Instagram feed?
Ans: You can reset your Instagram feed by navigating to your Instagram Profile, then Settings, and then tap on the Clear Search History option. Once done, your Instagram feed will be reset. Also, go to your phone Settings menu, then Application option, then tap on the Instagram option. Now tap on the Clear Cache option to delete all the data.