For Instagrammers, who are wondering about how they can upload a video to Instagram from PC, it is insisted to read on the entire post.
Instagram was breaking the internet and inserted itself as one of the greatest social media platforms in recent times. It is not only used by random people to post photos and videos, but it is also a great option for marketers and brands to spread awareness among people.
However, since it has a whole lot of content, and the majority of that is professionally edited, which means users only want to see the content that attracts them. That is why both people and brands hire professionals who can edit their content for them so that it attracts a massive number of users.
Although smartphones have everything that you can use to edit your content, it is not possible to edit the videos that you want to upload on Instagram. Don’t you think it would be great if you find a way to edit your stuff using a PC and then upload it directly to Instagram?
The only problem is the majority of people don’t know how to upload a video to Instagram from PC, and that is the reason why we are here today.
We will state multiple ways that you can use to upload your video to Instagram from PC. So, let’ start!
Guidelines Before Uploading a Video to Instagram from PC
Before we move forward to how to upload Instagram videos from Pc, here are some guidelines that you should consider to post quality Instagram videos content;
Instagram Videos Size, Limit, Preferred Format
Before uploading a video to Instagram from PC, it is worth knowing that how long can Instagram videos be. Well, the answer is simple: you are allowed to post videos to Instagram that are between THREE to SIXTY seconds long. Now let’s move to the size limit of Instagram videos. Well, Instagram doesn’t have any official size limit of Instagram videos, but it is a suggestion to keep them between FIFTY to ONE HUNDRED & FIFTY MBs.
Moreover, the preferred Instagram video file format is MP4 (H.264 Codec and AAC Audio), and the frame rate that is supported by it is maximum of THIRTY frames per second.
Furthermore, it is also worth mentioning about Instagram videos bitrates, which is entirely depends on you since your Instagram video is between FIFTY to ONE HUNDRED & FIFTY MBs. You must also know that Instagram is probably going to reduce video bitrates to 3.5 Mbps once the video is posted on Instagram.
However, it is recommended that you should upload Instagram videos CBR around 10 Mbps. This way, Instagram will reduce your Instagram videos compression.
Instagram Video Resolution and Quality
Just like Instagram doesn’t have any official size limit for Instagram videos, it also hasn’t yet announced any official Instagram videos resolution limit. But you should know that all the videos you upload to Instagram are downscaled to 1080p. It means it is your call whether you want to upload an Instagram video that is pre-sized at 1080p or higher than that, such as 1920p or 4K.
However, you can try to upload an Instagram 4K video to get much better quality with compression. Moreover, you can also try to upload multiple aspect ratios Instagram videos, such as 1:1 Square aspect ratio, 1.91:1 Landscape aspect ratio, and 4:5 Portrait aspect ratio.
How to Upload video to Instagram from PC?
We sincerely believe that now you have gained sufficient information about how to upload quality videos on Instagram. Now, it’s time to know how to upload a video to Instagram from PC. Here are the ways that you can use to upload Instagram videos from PC.
1- Change Browser User Agent to Upload Videos to Instagram from PC
Changing your web browser’s user agent might seem a hard one, believe me, it is not. In fact, it is the easiest way to upload the video to Instagram from the PC. You don’t need to pay anything for it. You don’t need to install any third-party app as well. It is a basic method, which means it doesn’t support gallery post and video files.
You can do that by both Chrome and Safari web browsers. So, let’s start with Chrome;
Note: I’m using Mac, but you can find all the same options on other operating systems with ease.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click on the VIEW tab.
- Click on the DEVELOPER option.
- A console will appear. Now, click on the FILE ICON located before the ELEMENTS option.
- It will change the user agent.
- Now refresh the page and click on the RESPONSIVE option located under the search bar.
- It will open a list of mobile devices. Click on the one you have.
- As soon as you choose a mobile device, the web page view will be changed to a mobile web page.
- Now you will be able to see the UPLOAD option.
- Now you can upload videos to Instagram from PC.
Note: If you are still unable to see the UPLOAD icon, refresh the page.
- If you are using Safari web browser, here is how you can change its user agent in a few steps;
- Launch the web browser from your PC.
- Click on the Preferences option.
- Click on the Advanced option.
- Enable the option that says SHOW DEVELOP MENU IN MENU BAR.
- Once done, click on the DEVELOP tab.
- Click the USER AGENT option.
- Click on the mobile device you are using from the list.
- The web browser screen will be changed to a mobile view, and you will see the UPLOAD icon.
- Now you can upload videos on Instagram from PC.
2- Using Hopper HQ
Hopper HQ lets you comfortably post photos and videos to Instagram from PC. It also lets you opt between sending them right away or schedule them to upload them in future. Here is how it work;
- Make an account on Hopper HQ.
- You will see all the scheduled posts that you have created on your account dashboard. They will be in order, which will let you determine in which order they are going to post. Moreover, using the grid option, you will be able to see all of your videos and how they will look after they get posted.
- Now click on Create Posts located at the top-left side. A new window will open, where it lets you upload up to FIFTY photos or videos at a time. Moreover, if you want to upload Instagram videos from cloud storage, it also lets you do that.
- If you are going to upload images, you have the option to apply filters and correct their size. As well, as you can also write their captions.
- Once all set, you can click on the POST NOW option, SCHEDULE A TIME, or SAVE TO DRAFT.
- Now you will see your Instagram videos on the dashboard, where you can also make changes if you want by simply dragging and dropping them.
It is also worth mentioning that Hopper HQ is not free and required you to buy a subscription. You can purchase it for $16, and it will let you access and post on your once account for each Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts. The more accounts you add, the less you have to pay for it.
Upload Videos to Instagram using Third-Party Tools
Another way to upload videos on Instagram from PC is by using third-party apps. There are many of the apps that you can download on your PC or use them online to upload content on your Instagram account. Here are some of the online tools that you can use;
1- Gramblr (Free)
One of the best third-party tools that you can use to upload videos on Instagram from PC is to install Gramblr on your system. So, let’s go through steps that you will need to take;
- Firstly, download the app on your PC.
- Install and launch it.
- Now, create an account.
- Enter your Instagram username and password.
- You will be taken to your Instagram account dashboard.
- Now you can upload a video on Instagram from PC. It will display the video thumbnail as well to trim the video if required.
2- Flume (For macOS Users)
Note: It is a paid app that you can purchase for $10.
Another best tool for macOS users is Flume that you can use to upload a video on Instagram from PC. You will find it much similar to the Instagram app itself. You can download the tool from their official website. The unusual thing about it is it will not be visible on the Launchpad. You just need to copy the installed app to the folder or use it from its desktop icon. So, here is how you can upload a video on Instagram from PC using Flume on your macOS;
- Launch the app.
- It will open a phone-like window, where you will see a CAMERA icon.
- Click on the CAMERA icon, and it will open a new upload window.
- Now you can upload a video either by dragging and dropping it or by clicking on the CAMERA icon.
- Once you upload a video on it, you will see multiple options.
- You can use them to edit video, apply filters, and select a video thumbnail as well.
- Click on the Upload to finish the process.
So, these are some ways that you can use to upload a video to Instagram from PC. The majority of them are free or almost free. If you have any suggestions, do not hesitate to leave us a comment below.
Q: Can I upload videos to Instagram from macOS?
Ans: Yes, you can easily upload videos to Instagram from macOS using the Flume tool.