Are you hunting for a way to fix Android connected no internet problem? Keep on reading the post below.
In a world where almost everything can be done over the internet, the wireless network is the most preferred one because it is super fast, all the latest devices support it, and it can be used on any device while you are on the go.
However, there are times when your Android device shows connected to Wifi, but when you start browsing, there is no active internet connection. The problem can occur for various reasons, and sometimes you just need to restart your device, and it starts working fine. But what if the problem still persists? Well, this is why we are here today.
Today we will discuss multiple ways that will help you to resolve this Android connected no internet problem. So, let’s begin!
How to Fix Android Connected but No Internet?
Since the problem can occur for various reasons, there are many ways to fix it. Below we have enlisted some easy solutions that will help you to solve Android connected no internet problem.
1- Turn Off the Mobile Data
The most common reason why Android connected no internet problem occurred is that you have your mobile data option turned on. This case is common for users who have an Android device and often use the internet through mobile data, and when they found a Wifi connection, they often forget to turn off their mobile data.
In this case, mobile data and Wifi network conflict with each other, and as a result, you are unable to have an active internet connection. Some Wifi networks ask you to log in to the network before accessing the internet. Even if you have logged in to that network, you will not be able to access the internet unless you turn off your mobile data.
2- Data and Time
Another common problem, which often causes no internet accessibility issue on our Android devices, is the ill-configuration of data and time settings. The majority of the latest Android devices come with an automatic date and time configuration feature and use the data network to configure it.
But if you have reset your Android device and have no internet connection, your Android device will show incorrect date and time settings, which will cause the Android connection no internet issue when you want to browse the internet. To adjust date and time settings, here are the steps that you need to go through;
- Tap on the Settings menu from your Android device.
- Tap on the Advanced settings option.
- Tap on the Date and Time option.
- Use the toggle switch to enable the Automatic Time and Date and Automatic Time Zone option.
- If you want to set these settings manually, tap on the Set Time and Date option.
- Adjust the settings and time zone.
3- Disable/Enable Wifi
Another simple method to fix Android connected no internet problem is just turning off and then on the Wifi. Similar to a PC, laptop, or tablet, you can restart the Wifi adapter from your Android device. This process is straightforward and helps your device to flush the DNS and then reanalyze the configurations.
Here is how you need to do that from your device.
- From your Android device, dial *#*#4636#*#*.
- You will be entered into the hidden setting panel.
- Now locate the Wifi Information panel and tap on the Wifi API option.
- Tap on the Disable Network and then again tap to Enable Network option. This option will turn off the wifi module, and if there are any glitches, they will be solved.
4- Forget Wifi Network
Another common problem that might cause Android connected but no internet access is automatically connecting to a saved wifi network. To try this method, you can forget that wifi network from your phone and then reconnect to it again. This process will release the previous IP address on your phone, and you will be able to browse the internet.
To do this, here are the points that you need to perform;
- Open Settings from your Phone.
- Go to the Wifi option.
- Long press the wifi network option you are connected with.
- Tap on the Forget Network option.
- Again tap on the wifi network.
- Enter the wifi password.
- Tap on the Connect.
Go back to your browser to check whether you can access the internet. If the issue is still there, try the below method.
5- Network Traffic Block
If your Android device is connected to a wifi connection, but still you aren’t able to access the internet, it is possible that your router is blocking the incoming network traffic. In that case, you need to gain access to that wifi network.
Every router comes with a default IP address, username, and password that is used to access the web interface of that router, and you can find these details on the back of your router or on the router’s manual. There are plenty of router’s brands, and each of them has a different interface. If you don’t know how to access your router’s web interface, you should consult with the manufacturer of the router you are using.
However, if you have access to your router’s web interface, here is how you can check your router’s network traffic block status;
- On the main web page of your router, locate the Advanced option, and click on it.
- Locate the Traffic Control option.
- Check whether the option is blocking your device.
- If yes, turn it off.
6- DNS Settings
Another solution to fix Android connected no internet access issue is to change the DNS settings. It will flush the DNS cache, and if there are any glitches that are preventing your device from accessing the internet will be solved. To change the DNS of your Android is a simple process. Here are the few steps that you will need to go through;
- Open Settings from your Android device.
- Tap on the Wifi option.
- Long tap on the wifi network you are connected with.
- Tap on the Modify Network option.
- Tap the Static radio button.
- In the DNS 1 box, type 18.104.22.168.
- In the DNS 2 box, type 22.214.171.124.
- Save the settings.
Open the browser from your Android device and browse any site to check whether you have internet access or not.
7- Reset Android Network Settings
Despite trying the above-stated methods, if the problem still presents, another option is to reset your Android device settings. It will erase all the wifi settings, including those that are preventing your device from accessing the internet. To do this;
- Open Settings from your Android.
- Tap on the Advanced Settings.
- Locate the Backup and Reset option and tap on it.
- Tap on the Network Settings Reset option.
- Tap on the Reset Settings option.
Go back to the browser and browse any website to see if the Android connected no internet access problem is fixed.
We sincerely believe that after trying the above-stated methods your Android connected no internet problem will be solved. If the issue still persists, write us a comment below without any hesitation.
Q: Does the incorrect date and time cause no internet accessibility issue?
Ans: Yes, if the date and time are misconfigured on your Android device, you might not be able to browse the internet.